We love all strudels and one of our favorites is the apple strudel: a flaky, puff pastry jacket enclosing the cinnamon-enhanced, crisp, tart, and aromatic apple filling. It's both light and satisfying with every bite, which is certainly a tough combination to achieve with most foods. Our apple strudel, sweetened with Stevien stevia, makes for a fabulous and healthy dessert.
CLASS: Low-sugar | Dessert
- Puff pastry
- 5 large apples, peeled and thin sliced
- 1 tablespoon Stevien stevia
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 cup raisins, optional
- Heat the oven to 375º F.
- Peel and slice apples and reserve in bowl with water and lemon juice.
- Spread the puff pastry on a floured surface to form a rectangle of 12 by 15 in.
- To the apples, add Stevien stevia, cinnamon, raisins, chopped walnuts and butter.
- Place the apples over the puff pastry and roll up. Then, seal the edges spreading beaten egg for it to glue well and bend the tips down.
- Place it in the oven for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
*Vanilla ice cream, preferably prepared with Stevien stevia, is the perfect accompaniment to this strudel.
Get in touch if you give this dish a try with a comment or rating below and reach out to us on social media anytime!