There's something about chocolate cake that consistently makes your mouth water, whether you're thinking about it, smelling the aroma from the kitchen next door (a fabulous reason to be friendly to your neighbor), or see it within your grasps. Then you take that first bite of enchantment, and the world disappears. Chocolate cake with all of its glory, has one flaw: all that sugar. However, by using Stevien stevia, this chocolate cake recipe becomes significantly healthier.
CLASS: Dessert | Sugar-Free
- 6 eggs
- 5 teaspoons Stevien stevia sweetener
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Stir egg yolks with Stevien stevia until they turn white. Keep stirring, and add semi melted butter or margarine.
- Separately, mix flour and almonds, then mix with the yolks and margarine.
- Beat the egg whites until they are stiff and add to the mix.
- Melt the chocolate, and add to rest of ingredients.
- Lightly butter and flour a cake pan and pour the in the batter. Bake for 30 approximately minutes.
*For an overwhelmingly delicious addition, spread some Stevien jam over a slice of cake.
Get in touch if you give this dish a try with a comment or rating below and reach out to us on social media anytime!