1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon Stevien stevia
3 egg yolks
3 tablespoons ice water
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and grease a 10 inch diameter pan with butter or oil.
- To prepare the pie crust: Cut the butter into pieces and combine with flour. Knead this mixture with tips of the fingers for one or two minutes or until the mixture is thin and crumbly.
- Add Stevien stevia, egg yolks and enough water to form a consistent paste. Knead well and form a ball.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Form the dough into the greased pie pan making sure to cover the sides as well.
- Bake about 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool. *Note: you will add the lemon filling after this first round of baking and then bake 15 minutes more.
- To prepare the lemon filling: Squeeze the lemons into a small pot and add Stevien stevia. Heat on low.
- Meanwhile, mix the cornstarch with the cold milk and add to the pot to cook for about 30 seconds or until thickened. Remove from heat and cool.
- Add egg yolks and butter, and stir until well blended.
- Pour mixture on the semi-baked pie crust and bake for 15 minutes longer.
Get in touch if you give this dish a try with a comment or rating below and reach out to us on social media anytime!